5/20/09

today

Long work day, laying out a couple thousand square feet of flowerbeds, all completely on-the-spot design and based off of a plant pallet we chose months ago. Staying after-hours to supervise a volunteer youth group (all young women today) as they plant said flowers. Downpour. Wind. Mud. Downpour. Hardcore volunteers who stuck it out and planted the couple thousand square feet within an hour and a half. Mud. Wet clothes (yuck). Pretty flowers. Satisfaction.

Hot shower.

Laundry, phone calls, cleaning up. Falling asleep next to piles of folded laundry on my bed, waking up to turn off my computer and remembering the emails I needed to send out and pictures I need to sort, but then why not blog about the day. Looking at all that's left on the current to-do list, I hear a line from a Celine Dion song in my head, over and over again. "With miles to go before I sleep." Sigh.

Tomorrow.

1 comment:

rob said...

Dion? Sounds like Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" to me, but who am I to argue with a Canuk... or Suz.