10/19/09

white or pink? a blind man wouldn't care

I can cook. Sometimes it's all just an experiment, but I can cook.

Tonight's trial was white chicken chili (I owe many of my good recipes to good roommates I've had in the past--this one is from my Melissa Snow). I was so excited that I already had all the ingredients I would need (I don't like running to the store for just one thing). Actually, I didn't have everything exactly. The whole point of white chicken chili is that most of the ingredients are... white. Amazing. But... I only had one can of white beans, so I subbed in a can of kidney beans (dark red kidney beans). And the onion I had was a red onion, not a yellow or white onion. I guess in all actuality I made pink chicken chili for dinner.

But it worked.

Husband fed. Leftovers packed for tomorrow. Mission accomplished.

I guess I just feel good that I've cooked dinner every night this week, even if it is only Monday.

7 comments:

jjangji said...

That IS an accomplishment! I'm proud of you!

Brittany said...

My white chicken chili didn't turn out so great a few weeks ago...maybe I need your recipe!

Alisha Chase said...

YAHOO! Way to go super wife!

Angie said...

The last line of this post is the best one.

AshBash said...

Oh, Valentines Chili! Yum. I think you got a mix of both types of chili, red and white! Bonapetit!

Allison said...

I love that recipe! I have it from Melissa too.

Nicole said...

hahaha.. first, I want that recipe! It sounds yummie! Second, I LOVE that it was pink. That's adorable. :)