James and I had a day all together. We got stuff done. No wedding planning, just stuff (unless you count putting together our new popcorn popper we're going to use at the reception). We even re-watched the movie we fell asleep watching last night, just so we could get our money's worth from Red Box.
A pretty loud thunderstorm rolled through, and when it was over (and when the re-watched movie was over) I happened to look out the window. James's apartment has west-facing windows which, though they are a ridiculously bad idea during hot summer months, are perfect for gazing out of after a thunderstorm. No buildings directly block the view out west, which pans out to beautiful green fields, gray and green trees (sweet-smelling Russian Olives), a skyline of blue mountains, and the sky. Ooh... I love the sky after a good fast-moving storm. When it's not quite clear but not stormy anymore, and the hint of another dark storm is just starting to appear over the west mountains. I love it. So we just sat and enjoyed each other's company while we looked at the beautiful view out the window. And James let me gush about the clouds and the fields and everything else that was worth gushing about.
James is worth gushing about. He's my favorite.
2 comments:
of course you're going to have popcorn at your reception. i love it!
I love how much you love James. Does he know how lucky he is?!
Post a Comment