6/10/09

one of those strangely cozy moments

I picked peas at my Mom's house earlier this evening. Dark thunderclouds built up while I moved along the rows (pausing every once in awhile to sample some fresh peas; I only like peas fresh, I can't stand them cooked. But that's a whole other posting). I watched some awesome clouds and lightning while I moved; the thunder was just rolling along. The air was still for most of my pea-picking picnic. I bent over to pick more peas, and I heard the wind hit the neighbor's maple tree before I felt it. But then oooooh, I felt it. I love thunderstorms.

4 comments:

gar said...

i love your posts, soo-uh.

Jihyei said...

i love that i know your "quirkiness" when it comes to fresh v. cooked vegetables. i also love that i have spent time in your mom's garden and shared food that came from that garden in your kitchen.

but what i love even more is that we're miles and miles apart and i'm starting to understand your love for the soil and plants because now, i, too, can say that i have worked with my hands during a thunderstorm and LOVED it.

i miss you.

Angie said...

You are a beautiful person, and I love and miss you.

Laura Jett said...

I didn't know you had a blog!! I love thunderstorms too! Much more when I'm INSIDE though. lol.